Saturday 4 June 2011

How Did I Get to This Point?

I reached a point last year on holiday in France in a lovely villa with a pool, covered up in a sarong, not going swimming because I was ashamed of myself, embarrassed at belly flab, bum wobble, thigh rub (sounds gorgeous, no?)...size 16 and hating every ounce of it, but it's taken until now and this years  holiday to get me cracking. I'm one of thousands upon thousands of women who've dieted on and off for years, been relatively successful, then 1-2 years down the line, poof, how did that happen - it's all back on again......

I can't say I've had a particularly unhealthy diet but I graze way too often, eat larger portions than I used to, love rich dark chocolate and a glass of wine (or two), always like veg and fruit and am a proper carnivore. I definitely have NOT done enough exercise of any sort to balance what goes into my mouth and therein, I hate to say it, lies my basic problem.

Now I hate it when someone says exercise is 'good for you' - expensive gym membership, thin stick women in lycra nothings? No thank you..... but I do enjoy walking & have a fabulous park nearby.

Why haven't I got off my bum and used it - pure laziness, it's easier to stay at home and potter in the garden or watch TV. But no more, not sure I'll go the whole hog and walk to work but if I start slowly, increase the length of time gradually I will get fit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment